Cutting Down the Time it Takes to Prepare your Home For Sale
Preparing your home doesn't need to be overwhelming and time-consuming.
If you're thinking of listing your property, one thing that might be holding you back is concern about preparing your home for sale. You may be wondering how much work there will be. Is it going to take a couple of months? A couple of weeks? A few days?
That, of course, depends on the state of your property.
However, regardless of how close your home is to “show time” ready, there is plenty you can do to reduce how long that preparation takes. Consider these ideas:
- Sell stuff online. The less cluttered your home seems to buyers, the better it will show. So, make a list of items you want to sell, and then list them on one of the many local online market websites (ie. Kijiji, Facebook Marketplace, Poshmark, etc). Price items fairly and, chances are, you'll get rid of everything in a day or two.
- Have a repair day. Go through your home and make a list of everything that needs to be fixed. Then, schedule repair people to all come on the same day. Voila! In one day, all needed repairs (or, at least, most of them) are done. If you're in need of resources feel free to contact our team and we'll put you in contact with someone who can help with your repairs- whethers it's repainting, patching up drywall, or touching up your yard!
- Get staging advice. Instead of guessing at what changes you need to make around your home to make it look its best, get expert staging advice. You’ll find out exactly what the experts suggest you do, and you'll save a lot of time and money. Our team hires professional stagers for each of our listings before photographing- ensuring that you get pictures that best depict the assests in your home.
- Ask before making big improvements. Are you planning to convert a wood burning fireplace into a gas unit to help sell your home? Before doing any big improvements or renovations like that, talk to me. You don’t want to spend thousands of dollars on an unnecessary project.
- Hire help. You don't have to do everything on your own. Get the help you need. For example, hire a painter, a cleaner, and/or a junk removal service. Those will significantly shorten the time it takes to prepare your home for sale and save you a lot of work. Also, the costs of those professionals may be off-set by the increase in the sale price of your home!
Contact me for more ideas to help get your home ready for sale.